Body Glove Historical Dinner Cruise
A popular activity to participate in during your Hawaiian vacation is the Body Glove Historical Dinner cruise. On this Captain Cook Historical Cruise you will experience a journey back in time over 1000 years ago when ancient powerful Kings ruled the rugged Hawaiian Islands. Big Island Dinner Cruises will offer you savings on your three hour guided Body Glove Historical Dinner Cruise to Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cook’s monument. You will be captivated as many the Big Island' secrets are revealed.
As you step aboard your Big Island Dinner Cruise you will unwind with a complimentary cocktail from our fully stocked premium bar. Your knowledgeable tour guide will share the legends and Hawaiian history of the 12 miles of the magnificent Kona coastline. You will be amazed as you visit the numerous landmarks and famous points of interest. Ahu’ena Heiau, the Holua Slide and the famous Kuamo’o Battlefield are a few of the Big Island landmarks you will see. You will be served a traditional full course Hawaiian style lunch/dinner when arriving at the bay. Kona coffee, dessert, and assorted teas will follow. You will be astonished by the beauty of the Hawaiian sunset as you indulge in the live Hawaiian entertainment on your journey back to Kailua. During the winter season, you’re almost guaranteed to see a Spinner Dolphin or Humpback Whale. So keep your eyes open and your cameras ready.
The Body Glove Historical Dinner Cruise is an extremely popular activity to participate in during your Hawaiian vacation. During this Big Island Dinner Cruise, you get the opportunity to learn how native Hawaiians lived in the olden days—and what occurred after Captain Cook’s historical arrival. Don’t be shocked if you learn that you or others in your tour group have ancestral ties with immigrants that followed Captain Cook to arrive on the islands in 1778! When you book this Big Island Sunset Cruise through Big Island Dinner Cruises, you’re sure to save both time and money!
Your Big Island Dinner Cruise features comfortable seating, plenty of shade, and clean restrooms. Even if you’re not quite the history buff, this dinner trip is both relaxing and informative. You will not walk away disappointed.
The Body Glove Historical Dinner Cruise check-in occurs at 3:30 pm at the Kailua-Kona Pier. You can take part in this Big Island Sunset Cruise on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. You’ll return from the Big Island Dinner Cruise at approximately 7:00 pm.
- Vegetable Crudités (Gluten Free)
- Assorted Cheeses (Gluten Free)
- Lomi Ahi Tuna (Gluten Free)
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- South Pacific Avocado Dip (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Pita Chips (Vegan)
- Kalua Pork & Braised Purple Cabbage (Gluten Free)
- Ginger Shoyu Braised Beef (Gluten Free)
- Pineapple Glazed Chicken (Gluten Free)
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Vegetable Rice Pilaf (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Pesto Orzo Salad (Vegetarian)
- Quinoa-Garden Salad with Tropical Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- *Vegan / Vegetarian Entrée available upon request
- Cheesecake with Strawberry & Lilikoi Dressing
- *Vegan / Gluten Free brownie available upon request
All meals are prepared by Chef Jason Lofland, author of ‘Catch!’ The Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch’ Official Cookbook. Included is one complimentary cocktail. Cash bar thereafter.
Body Glove Cruise
- Where and When:
- Body Glove Cruises' main office is located in the Ilima Court (North Kona Shopping Center, 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740), which has the closest free parking to the Kailua-Kona pier. It is about a five minute walk down to the pier from the office.
Check in at 3:30 pm at the Kailua-Kona pier.
Departure is at 4:00 pm. Return is at 7:00 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- A portion of all proceeds from this historical cruise are donated to the Kona Historical Society for the preservation, restoration and education of the culture and history of the Kona Coast.
Seating is first come firsts serve.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Body Glove
- Body Glove Cruises operates the Kanoa II, a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran that was designed with quality and comfort in mind. Guests enjoy plenty of shade and cushioned seating. The vessel features flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment and a full service premium bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with three restrooms and is also wheelchair friendly. The spacious lower deck allows for a full range of movement.